The South Australian Government Gazette is produced under the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure and issued by authority of the South Australian Government Printer.
Each Thursday, excluding the last week of December and the first week of January, the Gazette is uploaded to this website and printed for subscribers. Supplementary Gazettes are generated when legal instruments are required for urgent dissemination.
Notices are categorised according to content and source, forming five sections of the Gazette:
- Governor's instruments—assented Acts, appointments and general Governor's items, proclamations, and regulations
- Rules of Court—rule amendments from the Courts Administration Authority
- State Government instruments—statutory information authorised by ministers, departments and government agencies
- Local Government instruments—legislated news of cities, district councils and towns
- Public notices—legal proceedings of businesses and individuals
Publication of the South Australian Government Gazette signifies the date that a notice enters the public domain and becomes legally binding.