SHOP TRADING HOURS ACT 1977
NOTICE is hereby given that pursuant to section 5(9)(b) of the Shop Trading Hours Act 1977 (the Act), I, Rob Lucas MLC, Treasurer, on my own initiative, do hereby declare:
- Non-exempt shops, excluding shops that are solely or predominantly the retail sale of motor vehicles or boats, situated within the Greater Adelaide Shopping District exempt from the provisions of the Act between the hours of:
- 9.00 pm and 12 midnight on Friday, 29 November 2019.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Normal trading hours prescribed by section 13 of the Act shall apply at all other times.
- All employees working during these extended hours will do so on a strictly voluntary basis.
- Any and all relevant industrial instruments are to be complied with.
- All work health and safety issues (in particular those relating to extended trading hours) must be appropriately addressed.
Dated: 1 November 2019
Hon Rob Lucas MLC