SHOP TRADING HOURS ACT 1977
Trading Hours - Exemption
NOTICE is hereby given that pursuant to section 5(9)(b) of the Shop Trading Hours Act 1977 (the Act), I, Rob Lucas MLC, Treasurer, do hereby declare:
- Non-exempt shops, excluding shops that are solely or predominantly the retail sale of motor vehicles or boats, situated within the Metropolitan Shopping District and Glenelg Tourist Precinct exempt from the provisions of the Act between the hours of:
- 11.00 am and 5.00 pm on Monday, 22 April 2019.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Normal trading hours prescribed by section 13 of the Act shall apply at all other times.
- All employees working during these extended hours will do so on a strictly voluntary basis.
- Any and all relevant industrial instruments are to be complied with.
- All work health and safety issues (in particular those relating to extended trading hours) must be appropriately addressed.
Dated: 15 March 2019
Hon Rob Lucas MLC