WATER INDUSTRY ACT 2012
Published by the Technical Regulator
This Standard varies the Plumbing Standard published in the Gazette on 9 January 2014.
This Standard is published by the Technical Regulator pursuant to section 66 of the Water Industry Act 2012 (the Act). This Standard comes into effect on the date on which it is gazetted.
This Standard relates to plumbing, including plumbing work or any equipment, products or materials used in connection with plumbing.
This Standard applies to the following persons:
- licensed plumbing contractors (under the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995) contracting for plumbing work.
- licensed building work contractors (under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995) contracting for plumbing work.
- registered plumbing workers (under the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995) carrying out plumbing work.
The above mentioned persons, must comply with the following requirements:
(a) Relevant components of the National Construction Code Volume 3 (Plumbing Code of Australia) (including any standards referred to therein) as amended from time to time, as follows:
- Section A Governing Requirements, Section A, Parts A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6 and A7;
- Section B Water Services, Parts B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 and B6;
- Section C Sanitary Plumbing and Drainage Systems, Parts C1 and C2;
- Section D Excessive Noise, Part D1;
- Section E Facilities, Part E1;
- Schedule 1 State and Territory Variations and Additions, Appendix South Australia- Sections B, C, SA Section F, Schedule 3 and Schedule 4;
- Schedule 2 Abbreviations and Symbols;
- Schedule 3 Defined Terms;
- Schedule 4 List of Referenced Documents;
(b) The requirements outlined in the Government of South Australia Verification Method for an Electric Resistance Storage Water Heater Supplied by On-Site Renewables (Supply).
The Technical Regulator may grant an exemption from this Standard, or specified provisions of this Standard, with or without conditions as the Technical Regulator considers appropriate.
Dated: 23 April 2019