FISHERIES MANAGEMENT ACT 2007: SECTIONS 76, 77
Permit to Undertake Activities within an Aquatic Reserve
A/Professor Sophie Leterme
Sturt Road, Bedford Park, S.A. 5042
Port Noarlunga Reef Aquatic Reserve and Port Noarlunga Reef Shrimp Zone.
PURSUANT to Section 76 and 77 of the Fisheries Management Act 2007, the holder of this permit and her agents may engage in research sampling as part of the completion of Honours and PhD degrees, an activity that will disturb the bed of the waters of the Port Noarlunga Reef Aquatic Reserve and Port Noarlunga Reef Shrimp Zone, subject to the following conditions:
1. This permit is valid until 29 September 2017, unless otherwise varied or revoked.
2. A person acting as an agent of the permit holder must possess a copy of a signed letter from the permit holder stating that they are acting as an agent during the permitted activity and carry their identification card issued by Flinders University. Undergraduate students acting as an agent must be accompanied by the permit holder or a current university staff or a current postgraduate student.
3. The permit holder and agents are permitted to undertake sediment sampling using Eppendorf tubes, collecting organisms through plankton traps and conduct water quality testing. The permit holder and agents must ensure reasonable steps are taken to minimise disturbance of waterbeds and/or animals and plants whilst undertaking the permitted activity.
4. At least 1 hour before conducting the permitted activity, the permit holder or a person acting as an agent must contact PIRSA Fishwatch on 1800 065 522 and answer a series of questions about the permitted activity. The permit holder or a person acting as an agent will need to have a copy of this permit at the time of making the call, and be able to provide information about the area and time of the permitted activity, the vehicle and/or boats involved, the number of agents undertaking the permitted activity and other related issues.
5. While engaging in the permitted activity, the permit holder or their agents must be in possession of a copy of this permit. It must be produced to a PIRSA Fisheries Officer if requested.
6. The permit holder must not contravene or fail to comply with the Fisheries Management Act 2007 or any regulations made under that Act, except where specifically permitted by this notice.
This permit does not purport to override the provisions or operation of any other Act including, but not limited to, the Marine Parks Act 2007. The permit holder and their agents must comply with any relevant regulations, permits, requirements and directions from the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources when undertaking activities within the Encounter Marine Park.
Dated 10 October 2016.
S. Sloan, Director,
Fisheries and Aquaculture Policy