CITY OF BURNSIDE
Section 79(2) Fire and Emergency Services Act 2005 and
Regulation 34(3)(a) Fire and Emergency Services Regulations 2005
Declaration to Permit a Person to Operate a Gas Fire or Electric Element for Cooking Purposes
in the Open Air Contrary to the Terms of a Total Fire Ban
Pursuant to regulations under the Fire and Emergency Services Act 2005, the City of Burnside hereby DECLARES that persons may, in connection with the use of an electric barbeque provided and owned by the Council that is located in any one of the parks or reserves listed below, operate electric elements for cooking purposes in the open air contrary to the terms of a total fire ban:
- Tusmore Park, 25C Stirling Street, Tusmore SA, 5065;
- Kensington Park Reserve, 350 The Parade, Kensington Park SA, 5068;
- Symons and Symons Reserve, 122895 Conyngham Street, Glenside SA, 5065;
- Plane Tree Reserve,121732 Plane Tree Reserve, Glenside SA 5065;
- Hazelwood Park, 103320 Hazelwood Park, Greenhill Road, Hazelwood Park SA, 5066;
- Kensington Gardens, 420 The Parade Kensington Gardens SA, 5068;
- Millers Reserve, 59 Hay Road, Linden Park SA, 5065;
- Langmans Reserve, 102664 Windarra Avenue, Burnside SA, 5066;
- Penfold Park, 589 The Parade, Magill SA, 5072;
- Main Street Reserve, 12 Main Street, Eastwood SA, 5063;
- J B Ware Reserve, 586 Portrush Road, Glen Osmond SA, 5064;
- Glenunga Reserve, 107476 Conyngham Street, Glenunga SA, 5064;
This notice operates at all times until revoked.
The operation of an electric element under this notice is subject to the following conditions:
- The space immediately around and above the gas fire or electric element must be cleared of all flammable material to a distance of a least four metres.
- A person who is able to control the gas fire or electric element must be present at all times while it is lighted or charged.
- An appropriate agent adequate to extinguish any fire must be at hand.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this notice does not authorise the use of any other cooking appliance other than the electric barbeques specified above.
Chief Executive Officer