NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT 1972
Open Season for the Taking of Specified Species of Protected Animals – Stubble Quail
PURSUANT to Section 52 of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972, I, Ian Hunter, Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation, being the Minister for the Crown to whom the administration of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 is for the time being committed, declare an open season for the taking of Stubble Quail (Coturnix pectoralis) as set out in this notice.
- Open Season Dates and Times
Subject to other provisions of this notice, the open season for the taking of Stubble Quail (Coturnix pectoralis) will start on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 and end on Sunday, 26 August, 2018 inclusive. Stubble Quail may only be taken in the period between sunrise and sunset on any given day of the open season.
- Prohibition Against Taking Eggs
A person shall not take quail eggs of any species during the open season.
- Bag Limit
On any day of the open season, a person shall not take, have possession or control of more than Twenty (20) Stubble Quail (Coturnix pectoralis).
- Area of the State
The open season in relation to Stubble Quail (Coturnix pectoralis) applies to the whole of South Australia excluding:
- 4.1 All reserves constituted under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972; and
- 4.2 All wilderness protection areas and all wilderness protection some constituted under the Wilderness Protection Act 1992; and
- 4.3 All sanctuary zones within any marine park established under the Marine Parks Act 2007.
Dated: 14 December 2017
Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation