MAJOR EVENTS ACT 2013: SECTION 6B
PURSUANT to section 6B of the Major Events Act 2013, I, Leon Bignell, Minister for Tourism declare the Ashes Test Match to be held from 2 December to 6 December 2017 to be a major event.
By virtue of the provisions of the Major Events Act 2013, I do hereby:
1. Specify the major event period for the event, being 2-6 December, 2017
2. Declare the major event venue to be the Adelaide Oval Core Area (within the meaning of the Adelaide Oval Redevelopment and Management Act 2011)
3. Designate Cricket Australia to be the event organiser for the event
4. Declare sections 9 to 13 (inclusive) of the Major Events Act 2013 apply to the event
5. Declare the area bounded by the Festival Drive, King William Road, Kermode Street, Palmer Place and Montefiore Road, as shown on the map is a controlled area for the event.
Dated 10 August 2017.
Leon Bignell MP, Minister for Tourism